Monday, March 8, 2010

Misfit

I am just a misfit; please ask me if I care

I feel so ugly and alone as I drag this comb across my hair

I look at you staring back at me and I don’t know how to feel

I wish I had something more than this, to make things seem for real

I sense that I am not really here at least that is my fear

I wash my face and hope that I will somehow reappear



I am just a misfit; please ask me if I care

I feel the world is against me as I settle on what to wear

I can’t take any more of this, please make it go away

I need to find a reason why I take the time to stay

I want to feel alive again without having to ache

I want to feel alive again without having to fake



I am just a misfit; please ask me if I care

I take a long deep breath and say a final prayer

I look outside and see the sunrise for me one final time

I know the sun has set on me but I finally feel sublime

You never asked me if I cared

I care more than you were ever aware



Now it’s too late

No comments:

Post a Comment