Sunday, September 20, 2009

Got To Get Up

You got to get up—to get down
I have been around town and as ugly as that sounds
Not a tear hit the grown
Ever since I could remember 20 years ago come this December
Still burns my soul like the embers of an everlasting winter
I consider myself a sinner, I consider myself a beginner
Because we have only just begun to scratch the surface of what I have done
What happened before is now over I was so young
The past is history
The future is an untold story of fortune fame and glory
The present is a gift
One I cherish with every kiss
Every moment I missed from closing my eyes
Each mornings sunrise and every happy surprise
All the times I spent feeling alive
One of these days I will arrive
So mother wipe those tears from your eyes
I never meant to make you cry
Just like you never meant to lie
Even though I feel like I could die
I ask myself what this world would be like
Without me by its side
I ask u to tell me why
You even associate with this type of guy
Never liked the person that I was
Or the person that I became
Never liked my name
It is a crying shame and a lie
When I tell u I do not cry
Because I cry and I die
All in the same span of time
I am only a mere mortal
With a portal wide open to my soul
A hole to my heart that was torn apart from the start
By everyone I know
I died long time ago
But I still continue to grow old
As I long for a chance to grab a hold
Of something I have been missing
Since the beginning I have longed for kisses
That were meant and sent
From the lips of an angel who is not perfect
But is worth it just like me
I know she is out there
Waiting to see the look in my eyes
When my love has arrived
There is something inside of me that I feel
You are real

No comments:

Post a Comment