Friday, October 23, 2009

The Week

How I long for you

How I need you

How I wish it were Friday

But it is a Monday

And whatever the case

I am suffering from it

Monday means I am far away

As far away from you as I can be

It brings a sadness that shadows the sun

Like the pursuing rain clouds

Those always seem to be following me

Especially on a Monday

Tuesday much of the same

One word comes to mind

“Lame”

Tuesday is Monday without the football

Wednesday is referred to as “hump day”

I struggle up the seemly swelling lump of a hump

You would think that scaling down would be easy

There is this obstacle in the way

It is called; Thursday

By today I say “happy thirsty Thursday”

A drink, the only way I can make it through

Now a Friday is as strange of a day as can be

I still have to raise and be there on time

Where ever there might be

Only today

The necktie is loosened a bit

I truly feel like I come make it

Thank god its payday

This will keep me alive at least till you have returned

I see something in the horizon

I cannot believe my eyes

My love!

How I have missed you while you were away

Please come in and this time wouldn’t you stay

No comments:

Post a Comment